Daddy Freeze vs the Cheese ball revelation

By Akatiba Ojenike Travina

I had some packs of cheese balls and cakes which I made for my little boy of about a year and eight months.  I handed a pack of cheese balls to him, while he was eating I endeavored to take one ball from his pack but he bluntly refused and when I insisted he burst into tears, I tried to make him understand that I had more in my bag for him and I just wanted to test him; not like I am trying to be mean to him neither am I hungry but the more I kept explaining, the more he kept crying, so I stopped trying. He finally finished his pack and was looking unto me for more, I acted like I didn’t notice him, then he screamed, MUMMY!!!  Pointing to my bag full of cheese balls and cakes.

Just then, it dawned on me, this is the same thing we do to God when we argue about or withhold our tithes and offerings from the one who has given us all things. We hold our possessions so strong like they will last forever. I noticed while refusing to give me his cheese ball, my son still referred to me as mummy, in like manner, we feel entitled to all the benefits/promises of God in the old testament but the laws/ instructions which Jesus Christ himself said he did not come to abolish, has become old school, we can no longer obey them“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them” Matthew 5:17 (New International Version)

Okay! What is one cheese ball from a pack compared to my bag full of packs of cheese balls? What is 10% tithe compared to the remaining 90% of all God has blessed you with? But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty 1st Corinthians 1:27 (KJV); But the natural man receives not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.” 1st Corinthians 2:14 (KJV).

Stopping tithe does not stop the laws and principles of God and his kingdom, your tithe doesn’t make God more or less God  “The earth is the LORD’S, and the fullness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein”  Psalm 24:1 (KJV). My son’s cheese didn’t make me more or less his mother rather giving the cheese would have committed me to do more and also show me his level of trust in me, don’t be deceived, he is God all by himself, your tithe and offerings is only to commit you to receiving more.

 #blessedtither

Facebook Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

%d bloggers like this: