By Alfred Umoh
In 2016, Buhari went to China.
Nigerians were advised that Nigeria and China had signed deals worth $billions, to refresh, i list the projects..
1. $478.657.941.28 for the construction of 300MW Solar Power in Shiriro in Niger State;
2. $55m agreement between Granite and Marble Nigeria Limited and Shanghai Shibang to construct and equip granite mining plant in Nigeria.
3. $1 billion for the development of a greenfield expressway Abuja-Ibadan-Lagos;
4. $250m in housing to develop a 27-storey complex;
5. $2.5bn Lagos Metro-Rail Transit Red Line Project.
6. $1bn industrial park (Ogun-Guangdong) Free Trade Zone in Igbesa Ogun State;
7. $200m Ogun-Guangdong free trade zone for construction of two 500MT/day float gas facilities;
8. $363m for the establishment of comprehensive farm and downstream industrial park in Kogi State.
9. $525 million for the Mojec International LTD & Microstar Company LTD for television broadcast equipment and production of pre-paid smart meters for electricity consumers.
I have not edited any detail, these projects were announced by the Presidency and re-announced by various Ministers and Media aides.
So, what is the status of these projects? its been two years…..is there an industrial park in Ogun? or a new Lagos to Abuja expressway?
I would appreciate a response from anyone in the know, perhaps there is a 300mw solar plant in Niger State, i am unaware of.
God bless Nigeria as you respond with details of these projects.