After over 16 years of the rebellion in Ghana by Bishop George Adjeman formerly of the Living Faith Church Worldwide aka Winners’ Chapel International, judgement has been delivered by the Ghana Court of Appeal in favour of the Winners’ Chapel founded and led by Bishop David Oyedepo.
According to the Judgment delivered on 30th November 2020, all properties in possession of Winners’ Chapel, (led by Bishop Adjeman) Ghana to be returned to the Church (Oyedepo led Winners Chapel International-WCI)
WCI is also to have exclusive use of the name of Winners Chapel. Additionally, the Registrar General is to delete Adjeman’s name from the Register of Companies while Adjeman is to account to WCI for the use of any of Its properties from 2004 to date and pay any amounts due WCI with interest. To God be all the Glory.
See the summary of the judgment and the consequential reliefs granted are:
1. The judgment of the trial high court is reversed.
2. All properties acquired or funded by the Church a.k.a. Winners Chapel International (1st and 2nd Plaintiffs) are the Church’s bona fide properties.
3. The Church is entitled to recover its properties at East Legon, No. 16 Otublohum Road, Industrial Area, all places of worship and items of worship of the Church occupied by Adjeman and Winners Chapel Ghana.
4. The Registrar General is to delete the names of Adjeman and the Defendants from its records as directors and subscribers of Winners Chapel and restore the names of the Church and its directors and subscribers in their stead.
5. Adjeman is to render an account of his stewardship to the Church from 16/01/2004 to date and pay any moneys due the Church with interest at the prevailing commercial bank interest rate.
6. The Church is entitled to the exclusive use of the name “Winners’ Chapel and Adjeman and the other Defendants are injuncted in perpetuity from using the name.
The case was conducted by Thaddeus Sory and Pst Nii Amassah Kotey who unfortunately passed on to glory a few days before judgment was given. Thanks be to God for crowning their efforts with success.
The High Court had earlier given judgement in favour of the Bishop George Adjeman led group in 2017. It is expected that Bishop Adjeman would appeal the case to the Supreme Court of Ghana which is the highest judicial body in Ghana.
See the court papers below